JESUS♥MY ♥TRUE♥ LOVE♥......

Flipkart.com

Friday, March 11, 2011

♥AN OPEN LETTER TO D PIONEER WOMAN-WITH the best cherry cake pudding ever!!!!!♥

I Love Pioneer women and with me ,a big whole world choruses....''we love her too'' ....and here is my open letter to her..which she might jus not ever read , though i hope she does :-)
We sooo loveee her......Whether she's asking u ,u like this thing or that thing?
I want to bake all her cakes too...
I love all she has to say about love and the way her children love, i love the romantic sweet love full of suprises and more [ and i aint talking about keepin plastic green snakes in d laundry in d hope of scaring malbro man,never mind u get scared the wits outa u , n thrice over:-))) ], but i love the daily kinda love too!!
I love a good sprinkling of both and i am saying this outa practice mind u, Love in action ,PW says, i second n 3rd and 4th dat, Ree!!!
That  doesnt mean i dont fancy Valentines day , i sure do....infact i love pink , red and hearts all year round (yeah these are baked in hearts too , and i wish i could lay my hands on the pink of the same ), but Valentine's for me is all year round , where hearts pop when i walk(in air) ...
The love when i see my mommy's beautiful face , first thing in the morning ....and she smiles....
The love, when she shuts the door , so quietly ,so that i can sleep some more.....
The love ,when am pouring over pots and pans , to fix lunch or dinner or brunch , with something or not ,my family requested...
The love, when we go for a lonnnngg drive , and there are giggles and laughter , and we stop to watch the sunset on the beach.....
The love ,when times are low, and we need 'us' more...
yeah Love is sooo in the air * 365...always.....
Ree , i lovee that in ur life too......

Her book, is peep into a life, her life, large size, u wont keep it down , till ur done, with the beautiful walk and the buttery ,and super yummy foods!!!
And i want to tell her about me too, i dont know whether she would want to know though:-(

But Ree's a super woman!!!
And she so adoringly knows when to call it a day , and asks u too;-))

Hi Ree,
( can i please Pinky Promise please say ''My dearest Ree'')
Against my hearts wishes , I have to sadly say you dont know me .

But I know you, as soon as I browseed thru you book, I knew you, as I read along, I knew you even better, and as I walked thru all the little in betweens and the wonderful life and romance on the ranch,I fell In love with you and now know you just the way I love to and hope you do too.
Yeah i already loved ur website but after your book found its way to my hands and to my heart....boy der was no looking back , it was like i knew you 4ever, yet wanted to know you so muc more....
I  love to read and cherish your  part of life as muc as i already feel like a part of ur life...Ok i think u would say now , never mind , forget i said that ....lol....

Ahh, all will agree ,ur writing is like as if ur talking to me , personally to me !!!
And i want to talk to u too, share a little, laugh a little, go butter shopping together, and sip hot chocolate with marshmallows:-)
(and maybe some pudding in the Lenox birdie Spring plate)....chirp ...chirp.....

First of all you make me want to go to a pub on 24 th night and hope to meet a handsome hunk.
Maybe I shouldn't mention and in my part of the world nobody is found hanging around pubs on 24 th or maybe I just dont know, coz maybe I like frog in the well and maybe the frog on the ranch well  would put me to shame.

And maybe I shouldn't be saying that I would most likely be found hanging around the christmas tree , no wonder all my presents come opened on the wrong side, sipping hot candy cane coco , and running to get my Christmas muffler at the feel of the slightest nip in the air, in short I m too busy feeling Christmassy.

A whirlwind of a romance and brand new life on the ranch appeals to me.

or how about this , yeah i feel this way too, like i need to catch a flight [ok maybe a charter will work super here], to all the ranches around the world and look for my dream guy , knight is shining armor , on a far away ranch, have lods of babies, absolutely cutest ,most beautiful babies, home school them , cook lods of buttery delights everyday and live happily ever after....
This and so muc more is our dear Ree.....u dear dear Ree ( can i see u grinning now)

And oh your lovely adorable children are the cutest .
I dream of birthing centres and home schooling in the same breathe,( remember this is an open letter, where I bare my heart , whether it makes sense or not ),and you reinforce those thoughts too.
And if that aint enough, I want a Charlie in my life too.
I feel warm and fuzzy at the thought of surrounded by loads of children and you make it more so.

And yeah ,im one of those who spends a LOT of time on ur site , scrolling up and down and around , and never tire...
There is lods and lodss  , and i really mean ,lots , bookmarked from ur delicious world that i want to cook,simmer , bake too...
Does that make us Buds?

My love for salted butter has grown 3 fold, and I love it.
I wanna own every measuring spoon you have and my heart leaps when I see you have something I already do."
(read:Emile Henry ruffled pie plate , urs is maroon,mine is cream :-( ...spice spoons ..wish i could add a few more things here )

I know that if u were replying to us all , u wouldn be homeschooling writing posts (and sooo beautifuulyyy)every day , and simmering/frying/buttering all that delicious cowboy food...i understand, i respect , yet my heart doesnt stop me from saying what im jus about to , below, its 100% ,totally ,wholly from my point of view , with lodsa love of course.

I dont know, ( though I secretly hope positive), if you will write back to me but I wanna say hello , stretch my hand, give you a warm sunshine smile, and poohy hug. Maybe you'll call me in for tea and a cookie. 
Or we could go for a walk , on the ranch ?
maybe ...jus maybe....
Am i a dreamer ....
And I brought over something too, cherry pudding.
Your amazing Cherry Cake Pudding....Or Cherry Pudding cake....anyway its delicious....
where u bring forth the wonderful cast of characters, and create some deliciousness galore...u delight..to d core!!
Yeah this is ur Pudding cake for u , i m so hopping u think that imitation is the best form of flattery , if u dont , im diving under....
U inspire me to begin a group where all us bloggers cook ur wonderful recipes , every month and share it online..so want too.
Together on a day , same recipe.

I dont know how I began writing with step by step photography but I so want to proudly believe I was inspired by you.
And so here i begin , with Cherries.....Not jus any Cherries but dark ,luscious and sweet ,Bing Oregon Cherries..open the tin(must say that this KA tin opener is extremely good)
Actually open 2 tins.....i didn and wished i had ,later.
And gaze,awhile ,at that dark cherry juice , as u pour it out...
Certainly beautiful or is it beautifully inviting ....never mind....
Ignore my thumb and read how well the Cherries are praised there....Dark sweet Cherries , a Jubilee of good taste...ok u need to tilt ur head a bit to the right ,stare at the pic, to know what im talking about..
 STOP popping them .......i know cant stop eating them , and i can coz i halved the recipe , but remember i already used some here...
And now that ur done with the cherries , or have stopped fawing over the Cherries, we can go ahead....
Please pour the juice aside , u need to have 1 cup , i didn , coz i halved the recipe ,remember , but yet kept the qauntity of cherry sauce the same.....coz i have no more tins of cherries in my pantry , i cant go out now , and i HAVE to bake this Pudding cake , so mine is 1 tin minus 14 odd cherries and some juice , so am aiming at 1cup of juice ,though a little more wouldn harm , more sauce is good....
And so i add in water to make a cup , PW said so..and if she said so , it will all be fine , super fine
Place the cherries aside and PLEASE FORGET about them ....or there'll be no more left to add to the cake....

I love Vanilla Sugar .
Throw in some sugar , Vanilla sugar is good , and Vanilla and Cherries sounds good too , with softenned butter in the bowl of ur mixer , ur mixer , not mine , mine will look different from urs coz i use a hand mixer that has a little stand of its own and sometimes the beater bowl and hand mixer (dont stare , i am AWARE that i dont own a KA )
Beat the 2 ,it looks somewhat sandy there ,see.I got a pic , jus so u may know :-)
Crack in an egg , a small egg,which according to my calculation , will be somewhere around half of those large eggs....hope this works ....
See the shell aside, thats how small it is .
And beat till well combined , ok here its light and fluffy....
And mix it all up.... or more like beat it all up  ,till it looks something like this...
Nows the time to add the sifted flour+salt+baking powder , ok u know i DONT sift , my sifter may find its way to the museum some day ,and when it does , it better look used....
(dont get fooled by the jar , this is actually Himalayan pink organic salt)
Alternate it with some whole milk , and scrape in between , and mix ...sorry ...beat again...
And u can think of the cherries , yeah quickly fold them into the batter , i say quickly , coz u may pop some more ....ur safe if u have 2 tins though....
Those are chopped pecans , lightly roasted in the oven or if u have the pre roasted ones (lovee azar, but if u know any other , lemme know too, coz i am looking for good filberts..)
Pour in ur well buttered molds ...and place in pre heated oven...

With all the self control i could muster , i saved a few cherries , to put atop those hearts ....im glad i did and i think u should too.
And while that bakes , lets make the syrup , cherry syrup , slurpyy ,sticky cherry sauce , which begins with the cherry juice , i stuck to one cup here , i wanted more juice really....
i scrapped in a little bit of a bourbon vanilla bean there....(u know how i over do the Vanilla bit ,even when not called for)
And it has so amazing an flavor that compliments the cherriness that i gave up on the wee bit of almond extract i wanted to use on the topping , well for awhile atleast.
and mix some sugar + flour and add to the sauce pan..(u dont want to know that i added vanilla sugar here too , do u?)
let it boil well for 8 to 10 mins and then whisk in some butter.....salted butter...
NOTE- this syrup really thicken beautifully as it cools and even more so the next day.

One thing i did differently was add these , i loved the citrusy notes it added , very subtle but there , but thats me.
 And i definately added more than 2 tbh of butter , one before i got it off the flame and some more later , i love the addition of salted butter.


And later , added jus a wee wee bit of some almondy goodness,(only to part of the sauce) i thought that as well as Vanilla pairs with the cherriness , i think almond will too , notice how non pitted cherries have an almondy flavor to them , well thats the light flavor their pits have.
(i know i m kinda unsucessfully trying to say that am making things natural here, though i doubt that makes any sense.)
ahh, here are the cakes baked ...all heart....
Pour some of the sauce all over....
Like this .....
And spread with the back of a spoon.....i hadn expected these darlings to rise so muc.
let it soak in there.....as long as u can resist (v difficult but try if u can , i couldn)
Dont worry about all those dribbles , u can lick them off later.
Enjoy......
 China check: minto: zinggg into sunshine spring
Love to dig in and fast.
Going ....going...gone...
Original Recipe From Pioneer Woman here
(dis is the same except for the vanilla sugar and vanilla overload everywhere)

Ingredients

  • Cake
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 2-3 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
  • 1 whole Egg
  • 1 cup All-purpose Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • ⅛ teaspoons Salt
  • ½ cups Whole Milk
  • 1 can (15 Ounces) Cherries In Syrup (NOT Cherry Pie Filling) Drained, Juice Reserved
  • ½ cups Pecans, Finely Chopped (i think this would be wonderful for almond and hazelnuts lovers as well or get creative and add anything u like , me ,i like to stick to PW's pecans and am happy i did)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Generously butter a square 9 x 9-inch baking dish or some pretty ceramic dishes.
Topple in the  sugar and butter in a bowl of a stand mixer and beat till combined.( get crumbly and sandy kinda at this stage)
Add egg and beat well , its looks so good here.
Sift flour, baking powder, and salt then add to mixing bowl alternatively with milk.
Fold in everything here , dont really need to use the beater , i didn and dont know what would happen if i did.
Add cherries and chopped nuts and fold in everything oh so gently.
Pour batter into buttered pan and smooth out the surface. (if using individual ceramic molds , do not fill too muc , infact less is more here, coz u need space for the sauce , and the cake rose more than expected)
Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown on the surface , lightly springs back to touch and no longer jiggly.
Drizzle 1/3 of the sauce on the cake as soon as you remove it from the oven. (recipe below)Spread to distribute over the surface and wait ten minutes before serving so the sauce will seep into the top of the cake a bit, quite a bit.
Spoon out pieces of warm, sticky cake and top with unsweetened whipped cream or vanilla icecream.
  • Sauce:
  • 1 cup Juice From Cherries (add Water To Make 1 Cup If Necessary)
  • 1/2 -3/4 cup vanilla Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon All-purpose Flour
  • 1- 3 tbh Tablespoon Butter
  • 1 whole vanilla bean scrapped in (half will be fine too)
  • zest and candied peel (optional , as per taste , but so good)
  • Almond extract -a drop (optional)
While cake is baking, make the sauce by combining cherry juice, sugar, and flour in a small saucepan.
And its the time to add the zest and candied peel too , if using.
Boil for 8 to 10 minutes, or until thick. Add a spoon full of butter , stir and enjoy the fragrant ,now glossy sauce.
Turn off heat and stir in remaining butter and vanilla extract.

Tip for the syrup.
Whether u halve the recipe or dont (u shouldn halve it , and to prevent having the situation i did : stock ur pantry with these cherry tins , u dont know when craving strikes or u have guests:-)
That said this is a very sweeeet syrup , now i loveee sweet so its ok , but if u dont like v sweet , u can comfortably halve the sugar to 1/2 cup and add lods of lemon zest.
And lemme add a syrup is supposed to be sweet bdw.
This is an excellente topping for ice creams too.
So keep some in the fridge to pour over or after dinner ice creams.
Extra add ins
Lemon zest , candied peel & a wee bit of almond extract.
Syrup really thickens as it cools , in a fanastic way and gets even thicker the next day.


pssst psst , love ur clip art too ..
PW images c/o Ree.

Ree, this cake is fantastic , it has all the qualities i love in a cake ,soft , moist , full o flavor and absolutely yummy , the plus point being the sauce over.
The pecans are a very wonderful addition and totally compliment the cherries , the cherries in the cake them self , are a delite to bite into .
What more can i ask for in a dessert this good?
And since this is a letter , i need to get my greetings in place , though , Ree, i never wanna really sign off from ur world.
Lods of sunshine love and hugs,
XOXO,
Mia.